Social media marketers, rejoice. A study published in the Harvard Business Review reveals that social media marketing can increase your web traffic by at least 30%.
Indeed, it has changed a lot the way we buy products. How many times did you consult Facebook comments about a product or service first before deciding if you’re going to buy it or not. How many times have you looked up and bought promo products after they were posted on Facebook? How many times have you shared your brand experiences via Twitter?
A 30% increase in targeted web traffic can give any business or brand a big boost in sales. Just because it’s now the marketing trend doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try any harder. A little imagination and creativity can definitely get you a long way in attracting targeted web traffic. Beyond Facebook, there are a variety of other social sites that you can leverage to boost your targeted traffic stats.
Social media marketing tip #1 – Share Videos
Video is powerful. Remember how it made stars out of nobodies like Justin Bieber? It has the potential to do the same for your business. Tutorial series is one of the most common strategies used by video marketers, and there’s nothing with starting your own series. You can also do short films or video ads. YouTube, Vimeo, and MetaCafe are the three most popular video sharing sites today. Some other tips for increasing targeted web traffic to your site:
• Make sure to create high quality videos.
• Integrate relevant keywords into the titles, descriptions, and file names of your videos so you will appear in search results.
• Don’t forget to post a link of your video on your Facebook, blog, Twitter, or other social media account.
Social media marketing tip #2 – Share Images
As cliché goes, image speaks more than a thousand words. Take beautiful images and promote them through image sharing sites such as Flickr and Picasaweb. Again, optimizing images by integrating keywords into titles, descriptions and filenames can help you get found by search engine bots.
Some Disadvantages of Social Media Marketing
It’s not all good news with social media marketing. Let’s walk through its minuses.
• Time consuming. You must strive to maintain relevance on a day-to-day basis. That means posting updates and answering comments regularly.
• ROI takes a long time. If you start a social media account, you should be in it for the long haul. It may take months before you get paid for your efforts, which is increased loyalty and more targeted web traffic.
If you don’t have the patience, you can jumpstart your online business with targeted traffic at wholesale prices by leveraging the traffic services of Perfect Traffic. One of the leading wholesaler of targeted website traffic, Perfect Traffic offers 100% real and fresh traffic to help get you started with your online campaign.