When planning your strategies to drive traffic to your site, remember that what counts is the quality of the traffic and not quantity.
High quality traffic goes to your site with a purpose that matches your site’s goal. Poor quality traffic contributes nothing for your site. They’re just passing through, exiting as quickly as they have arrived.
There are many sources of traffic on the web. It’s a matter of knowing what source to focus your marketing efforts on and what marketing strategies to use. If you want top traffic, you should know who your target audience is, where to find them, and the advertising methods that will work for your website.
• Article directory. Great for building one-way links to your site and boosting your link popularity. However, people don’t really click on the links.
• SEO. It’s a must for every web marketer. While it gets you “free” traffic, it will actually cost you thousands in the long run – unless you do things yourself and not hire SEO writers, etc.
• Pay-per-click. If you have the budget, this is one of the best methods for earning top traffic. Keywords could cost you anywhere from 10 cents to a few dollars.
• Facebook ads. It’s a great way to reach out to millions of people around the world.
• Perfect Traffic. This traffic wholesaler guarantees top traffic for wholesale prices. Targeted traffic is more likely to convert, which makes buying wholesale traffic a great investment.
• Traffic exchange. This is a great way to increase your hits and, therefore, your site visibility. If your selling products, don’t expect to win your top traffic using this method. As for increasing your Alexa ranking, though, traffic exchange could help.
• Pop Under Ads. Studies show that pop under ads have a click-through rate of 1 to 2%. If you can set it up really well, it’s a great source of cheap traffic. Conversion rate using this method is rather low though. Like traffic exchange, this is a great method to use if your aim is to increase website hits.
In reviewing these top traffic sources, one can conclude that there are basically three kinds of methods web marketers can utilize to draw top traffic to their site.
• Exchange traffic. In addition to traffic exchange, affiliate marketing and banner ad exchange are two other great ways to trade top traffic and build relationship with other websites.
• Buying traffic. Again, if you have the budget, this is the best way to get top traffic.
• Growing traffic. If you want the do-it-yourself way, articles, videos, and images are the tools you can use in your campaign. What you need is optimize these tools for search engines using keywords. This is great long-term strategy, but if your labor doesn’t immediately bear fruits immediately, don’t be discouraged. That’s usually how it goes with SEO. Just keep going until you hit the high road.